Welcome to the Dunshaughlin Community National School (Dunshaughlin CNS) webpage. LMETB are delighted to be appointed patron of Dunshaughlin CNS and we look forward to working with management, students, staff and parents over the coming years in the provision of a primary education for the young people of Dunshaughlin and the surrounding areas.
Plans are currently underway in LMETB to open Dunshaughlin CNS for the academic year 2019/2020 and an Information Meeting for Parents/Guardians will take place on Wednesday 6th March 2019 at 8pm in Dunshaughlin Community College. The Code of Behaviour for Dunshaughlin Community National School can be downloaded here. Recruitment is commencing for a Principal and teachers for Dunshaughlin CNS. Further information will be available on www.educationposts.ie and www.etbjobs.ie.
LMETB has an excellent tradition in school start – ups and we look forward to opening the doors to a new school which will offer a broad and balanced curriculum with a diverse range of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities where the aptitudes of students are central to its design.
Louth and Meath Education and Training Board (LMETB) is the largest comprehensive educational provider in the Louth and Meath region with a range of educational services from primary to post primary and further education and training. Louth and Meath Education and Training Board (LMETB) is committed to excellence and innovation in the education of young people and adults through the provision of dynamic services delivered by professional staff. We are proud to serve the communities of counties Louth and Meath, work with our educational partners and contribute to the development and growth of the Louth/Meath region. Further information on LMETB can be accessed at www.lmetb.ie
LMETB currently manages two Community National Schools, sixteen post primary schools including one schools with Post Leaving Certificate provision, a Centre for European Schooling and two dedicated Post Leaving Certificate colleges. LMETB is also joint patron of six Community Schools located in Ardee, Ashbourne, Athboy, Drogheda, Kells and Trim. A listing of all LMETB schools and colleges can be accessed here.
As parents/guardians you may also be interested in visiting the website of LMETB’s Community National Schools in Navan, Co. Meath and Faughart, Dundalk, Co. Louth. Please click here to visit the Ard Ri Community National School website and click here to visit the Faughart CNS website and learn more about education provision at the school.
LMETB will hosting an information session for parents/guardians in the Dunshaughlin area to provide parents/guardians with an opportunity to hear more about LMETB and our vision for Dunshaughlin CNS. To find out the date, time and location of our meeting please click here.
The following information be also be of interest to you:
- Introduction to LMETB You Tube Clip click here
- Listing of LMETB Schools and Colleges click here
- Listing of LMETB Board Members click here
- LMETB Strategy Statement click here
- Education and Training Boards Act 2013 click here
- Education Act 1998 click here
- Governance Manual for Primary Schools 2015 – 2019 & Amendments Click here
- Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post Primary Schools click here
- Standardisation of the School Year Click here
- Goodness Me, Goodness You! Click here
- Looking at our School 2016 – A Quality Framework for Primary Schools Click here
- School Self – Evaluation Guidelines 2016 – 2020 Primary Click here
- Community National Schools Website www.cns.ie
- Department of Education and Skills www.education.ie
- National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NCCA) www.ncca.ie
- Curriculum Online www.curriculumonline.ie
- TUSLA – Child and Family Agency www.tusla.ie
- National Council for Special Education (NCSE) www.ncse.ie
LMETB currently have two administration offices at Abbey Road, Navan, Co. Meath and Chapel Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth.
Should you wish to contact the Director of Schools, Fiona Kindlon for further information regarding Dunshaughlin CNS please ring our Chapel Street office 042 9334047 or you can contact us with any queries about the new school on firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to working with you.