What are Cookies?
Cookies help us:
- Make this LMETB website work as you’d expect;
- Remember your settings during and between visits;
- Improve the speed/security of the site;
- Allow you to share pages with social networks e.g. Facebook; Linked in
- Continuously improve this LMETB website for you.
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission);
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission);
- Pass data to advertising networks;
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties.
Third Party Functions
Disabling these cookies is likely to diminish the functionality offered by these third parties.
Social Website Cookies
In the event that you would like to easily “Like” or “Share” LMETB content on social media such as Facebook and Twitter, there may be sharing buttons available on this LMETB website.
Social Media Cookies are set by:
- AddThis – provide us with lots of sharing buttons all in one neat package
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Analytics also tells us on an anonymous basis, how people reached this site (e.g. from a search engine) and whether they have been here before. Please note: LMETB uses Google Analytics.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however is likely to limit the functionality of this website and a large proportion of the world’s websites, as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
If you have concerns about cookies in relation to so called “spyware”, rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective. This software will automatically delete cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.